Certified Nursing Assistant – CA certified course!
The course is designed to provide the student with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform basic care skills for a patient (acute care setting) or resident (long-term care setting). It prepares the student to function in the role of a nursing assistant under the supervision of an RN or LVN. Students will be trained by a nurse educator certified with the State of California. The curriculum has been approved by the State of California. The course requires the student to complete 60 hours of classroom lectures and 100 hours of clinical training. Students must pass the theory portion of the class with a minimum grade of 75% and must successfully perform all clinical skills in order to pass the class and receive approval to take the state certification test.
Curriculum & Certification
- Role and responsibility of the Nurse Assistant in long-term care
- Basic rights and needs of residents
- Communication / interpersonal skills
- Resident safety and emergency care
- Proper body mechanics
- Prevention and control of infection
- Resident care skills and procedures
- Nutrition and fluid balance
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Meeting the needs of residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Management of personality and behavior disorders
- Death and dying with dignity and family support
- Students will take the State certification test at the conclusion of training